The first part of Breaking Dawn will be hitting the theatre by the end of this month and I had to finish the big fat thick book before that. (silly me). In everyone’s bio and description of books I see Harry Potter and Twilight. I am crazy about both and there is no comparison between the two. Though I agree both the series revolve around protagonists with supernatural powers between the evil and good.
Anyway, I don’t need to introduce you to the story and summary details (blah).
I know people who just keep ranting about Vampire love story and how smoking hot both of them are. It is actually funny and weird when people tell me they cant read a book rather watch a movie. *Talk to the hand*
Reading a book has its own charm. I always feel it is the best and priceless feeling when you watch a movie after reading. You know the depth of it and whatever you have imagined is right in front of you on the screen.
I cannot wait to see Bella and Edward *drools* and Jacob again. But the book is too lengthy and gets monotonous in between. It was too much and may be a few pages could have been ripped off.
Somewhere I was not that engrossed in the book. May be I have read too much of it, I mean all the parts. That love triangle is no more, the sizzling romance gets over soon, no heartbreak or soulful conversations. They just become one big family later. Somehow I could not feel the passion and intense drama. It wont keep you riveted.
Hope emotions will run high after watching the movie.In the second half of the book there are unique powers but no bloodshed and no dramatic demise of the loved ones. I love happy endings, so no issues.
Some beautiful lines from the book:
- “Stroked his fingertips across my cheek. Smooth as satin, soft as feather.”
- “He had the most beautiful, perfect body in the world and I had him all to myself, and it didn’t feel like I was ever going to find a point where I would think, Now I have had enough for one day.”
- “Non-reality was black, and it didn’t hurt so much. Reality was red, and it felt like I was being sawed in half, hit by bus, punched by a prize fighter, trampled by bulls, and submerged in acid, all at the same time… “
- “Not many people get every single thing they want, plus all the things they didn’t think to ask for, in the same day.”
Things I am dying to watch
- Bella and Edward’s wedding fraught with drama and hype
- Their Honeymoon extravaganza in wilderness
- The new Bella
- Violent birth scene with goriness
- I love Alice, the fashionista. She is my Fashion icon.
- The new member (no more details or you will strangle me so I need to zip up)
- However the second half of the book will be out next year so I can’t say more where it will stop.
What is your take on the book? What do you think? Who all are desperately waiting to watch the movie?